Do I deal with Cambridge Property Investments Ltd, or the vendor directly?
- You will be dealing with either Cambridge Property Investments Ltd or the landlord depending on the package the landlord has chosen.
- In most of the cases, you will be dealing with one of our agents the entire process, from the viewing, to the completion of the sale.
- owever, if the vendor is carrying out their own viewings, when you enquire about a property, we will send your details to them. They'll then contact you directly to discuss the property and arrange a viewing.
- We're at the other end of the phone should you need advice, or help with instructing a solicitor if you wish to proceed with the sale.
Step 1. Register with us for 24/7 access to My Area
- To find your ideal property, we need to know your requirements. You can register with us either online, by phone or by visiting our offices..
- Once you've registered with us, one of our consultants will assess your search criteria and send you details of suitable properties by SMS or email.
- You'll have 24/7 access to My Area where you can amend your search criteria, email alerts, make offers, arrange viewings and more.
Step 2. How much can you afford?
- Before you begin your search, it's advisable to arrange your finances and (if required) get a 'Mortgage In Principle'. This is a conditional offer made by a mortgage lender that they will "in principle" give you the loan you have discussed with them.
- Our partners, a firm of professional, independent financial advisors, would be pleased to provide you with a free, no obligation consultation on what mortgage options are available to you, and the associated costs. Contact us to find out more.
Step 3. Put your own home on the market
- If you're also selling your current home, it is advisable to put your current property on the market before looking for a new home.
- This puts you in a better position, and increases your chances of buying your dream home before somebody else does.
- We can help you sell your home. Click here to arrange a free, no-obligation valuation of your home or contact us.
Step 4. Start your property search
- Begin your search here, or let us help you find the property you're looking for by registering here. We can keep you constantly up-to-date via email and SMS alerts, even before properties get listed on our website and portals!
Step 5. Viewings
- This is the fun bit! Once you've found a property you'd like to view, you'll need to get in touch to book a viewing. You'll meet either on of our agents, or the vendor - depending on the service they've chosen.
- Book your viewing online...
- 1. Register here 2. Search for a property 3. Click the button to “Book a viewing” found on the property details page.
- This will take you to My Area and automatically add the property to your Portfolio giving you the option to select a preferred viewing timeslot.
- Or by calling us on: 01223 981072 0r 0207 889 0070
Step 6. Making an offer
- Once you find your perfect property you can make an offer through My Area or with your agent.
- If we are managing the offers on behalf of the vendor, we'll put your offer to them verbally and in writing.
- Sometimes there may be a process of price negotiation and by working with us, both vendor and buyer can benefit from the expertise of our consultants, who will work hard to facilitate an agreeable outcome that delivers the best result for all.
- At this point you may need to demonstrate that you can proceed by providing evidence of your mortgage in principle.
- There are no legal obligations by either party until contracts are signed.
Step 7. Offer accepted
- Prepare a memorandum of sale
- Confirm the agreed price with all parties
- Confirm your solicitor & mortgage details
- Now is the time to instruct your solicitor to proceed with the conveyancing process and proceed with your mortgage application.
Step 8. Instruct a solicitor
- Instructing an efficient and experienced solicitor, is the key to ensuring your purchase is handled smoothly. If you need a hand with finding a solicitor, just get in touch and we'll talk you through our options.
Step 9. Conveyancing
Your solicitor will:
- Receive draft contract from the seller's solicitor
- Carry out searches and investigation of title
- Agree on a date for exchange of contracts
- We will assist your solicitor throughout the process, and keep you informed every step of the way in via our live sales progress tracker in My Area.
Step 10. Survey and mortgage offer
- A property survey will be carried out by a surveyor on behalf of the mortgage lender to identify any structural problems and advise on the property's value.
- Once the survey report is received by the lender, a formal mortgage offer will be sent to you and your solicitor which you will need to sign before it is returned.
- There are no legal obligations until contracts are signed.
Step 11. Exchange of contracts
- The transaction and completion date becomes legally binding on the exchange of contracts. The deposit will be sent to the seller's solicitor and a request for your mortgage advance will be paid from your lender.
Step 12. Completion
- Completion happens on the eagerly awaited “moving day” and when the full purchase price is transferred to the seller's solicitor. We will release the keys once the money has cleared in the seller's account.
- Congratulations on your new home!